- Sole Practitioner
Roy earned his B.A. in Criminal Justice in 1986 and his J.D. from IU School of Law in Bloomington and is licensed to practice law in Indiana since 1991.
Roy services Monroe and surrounding counties, including, but not limited to Bartholomew, Brown, Owen, Lawrence, Morgan, Martin, and will travel further if need be.
Roy always puts his client's interests first.
Roy has over 21 years experience in both criminal and family law matters and some litigation experience as well.
Roy has been a resident of Monroe County for almost 40 years.
He has written several appeals and has tried several cases in front of a jury.
In addition, he serves as Special Public Defender in Owen, Monroe and Brown County.
Roy also has a diverse and interesting personal history.
He came to Bloomington, Indiana, in 1974 to attend the IU School of Music, and studied percussion with world renowned Professor George Gaber.
By 1978, Roy had become involved in the local community managing some rental homes and rehabbing two older homes in rural Monroe County.
Roy owned his own bakery.
In 1981, Roy purchased and operated the long-established Busy Bee Bakery, a scratch bakery, for almost three years.
To top it all off, Roy still plays the piano and composes his own classical pieces!
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal 50%
- Family Law 50%
- Indiana, 1991
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1989
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- Secretary Sheriff's Monroe County Merit Board
- Preeminent Rating through Martindale
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Public Defender Council, 20 Years
Pro Bono Activities
- Performs pro bono work for abused women for the IU Protective Order Project and sometimes for the pro bono clinic at the Monroe County Courthouse on Fridays